Youth groups at Faith Covenant meet on Wednesday nights at the church during the school year. Middle School group is for 6-8 graders and meets 4:30-6 p.m. High school youth group serves 9-12 graders and meets 7-9 p.m.
Both middle school and high school will be studying the book of Judges for the fall. Here are six big ideas that will come throughout our study of Judges and that you can use for topics of conversation with your students. These come from Tim Keller’s study on Judges.
1. God relentlessly offers his grace to people who do not deserve it, seek it, or even appreciate it after they have been saved by it.
2. God wants Lordship over every area of our life, not just some.
3. There is a tension between grace and law, between conditionality and unconditionality.
4. There is a need for continual spiritual renewal in our lives here on earth, and the book of Judges offers us a picture into how to do that.
5. We need a true Savior, to which all human saviors point, through both their flaws and their strengths.
6. God is in charge, no matter what it looks like.
Contact Youth Leader Ben Melli at the church office (752-2400) with questions.